Friday, April 08, 2005

 

Big-Time Funeral for a Big-Time Pope

OK. I'm a fairly religious guy, just not Catholic. So there's a lot I don't understand about JPII's whole death process. What's the deal about laying him out on his bed after he died with the TV cameras, reporters, publicists, etc?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Seems a little impersonal or a little ghoulish depending on your point of view. I also thought his outfit was a bit too festive for the occasion.

I'm not a sophisticated guy. But when I go, I don't want a bunch of news people milling around me as start the long, arduous process of decomposition. How will I be able to ensure that the photogs get my optimal profile shots.

Secondly, what's with the cheap casket?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

You'd think that with an audience of two billion, they'd want to pull out all the stops and splurge. Again, there's a lot I don't understand about the process and I may be missing most of it.

And the pallbearers look like they just got out of an Exxon board meeting.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?